Thursday, July 16, 2009

Someone Asked What Slide Scanner to Buy

They also stated that money really wasn't an object. First I recommended the Nikon Super Coolscan ED 5000 with the slide auto-feeder SF210. They're a little on the expensive side, but completely worth it. Many slide companies use this for Slide Scanning as well as to Scan Negatives.

It's best to use a scanner that is dedicated to slides and negatives. Most flatbeds these days come with adapters, but I do not recommend them. Typically flatbed scanners have focus problems and a lower scan resolution than the dedicated models. Also, there are some $100 dedicated scanners floating around. I've been severely disappointed with them, since they are not actually scanners, they are just taking a digital photo of the media with a back-light. Also, they are a pain to load, and take way to long to scan a few hundred, let alone a few thousand.

If you need a good scanner, but this is way above your budget, comment and let me know, and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment