Thursday, July 16, 2009

Converting Personal DVDs

"I would like to upload a rare music video to a Classic Rock site of which I'm a member. I've already transferred the music clip from VHS tape to DVD. When I place the DVD into my computer and then Windows gives me a number of options I choose 'Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer'. The folders are 'Video_RM' and 'Video_ TS'. How do I get from this stage to actually uploading the clip in a format like MPG or Mpegg ? Without losing quality and avoiding pixelation."

Aimersoft to Rip, Super C to convert
There are many ways in which this can be done, but what you're looking for is a "DVD Ripper." The ones I can recommend you must pay for. The one we use most often at work is Aimersoft DVD Ripper. This lets you make AVIs or MPEGs out of the DVD, which can then be uploaded. Pretty simple, straightforward program. If you have editing software such as Sony Vegas, you can load the VOB files into your timeline and render out the video into a new format. We do this when we need to use previously created slideshows in new media projects and the original materials are nonexistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment